July 2017 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hi there! July has become a very busy and hectic day on my workplace. So many things need to be prepared and done. Thankfully it's over and I could get back on reading :D

July 2017 Book Haul
On July, I got 2 books that I ordered from Book Depository on June. Other than that, I also got another book from Grobmart (because I'm looking for this book in a cheap price) as well as another book from Periplus bargain section. Here they are:

  

And here's the complete list:
1. R.J. Palacio - Wonder
2. J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
3. Tere Liye - Pulang
4. Brit Bennett - The Mothers

July 2017 Wrap Up
I had a very good reading time until half of the month. And then I got so lazy to pick up any book until early August. Maybe it's because of the book that I tried to read or maybe the workload finally get to me and it made me unable to read. I'm not so sure. But here are 5 books that I managed to finish this month:

  

1. Kate DiCamillo - The Tale of Despereaux
I picked this book up on a whim because I'm looking for something relatively easy to read. And it was! The story is very interesting as well as entertaining. I love Despereaux right away and feeling so bad for him throughout the story. I liked the way this book was written with so many point of views and they are woven together beautifully to create a very fascinating read. 4 out of 5 stars.

2. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - We Should All be Feminists
I decided to read it because I want to read something short on my Bookmate apps. Overall I think there's so many things to learn from this book. It felt to me as a book that I can't just read and be done with. But something that need to be learnt, passage by passage. So for now 4 out of 5 stars.

 

3. Naomi Novik - Uprooted
After reading We Should All be Feminists, I'm in the mood to read a fantasy book. Not just any fantasy book, but a stand-alone fantasy book because the commitment to finish an entire book series made me anxious. So I picked this book up and fall in love so hard with it. I love the story line, the characters, the romance, even the villain in this book. It was just so good! Definitely 5 out of 5 stars.

4. Windry Ramadhina - Last Forever
The romance from Uprooted is so... good it made me think of this book. And I was right! These 2 books are not necessarily having the same stories but the romance felt the same to me. Even though at first I can't feel the usual Windry Ramadhina's vibe from this book, I liked the story nonetheless. So 4 out of 5 stars for this book.


5. Planes
After reading Last Forever I tried to pick up another book. A pretty big one, actually. And it took me almost 1 week until I finally 'gave up' and started to read a smaller book just so I can get away from that big book for a while. And I was right to started this book because it was a lot easier to read. Not that much 'faster' as I had hoped but that's okay. I liked the story and the moral value in this book. It didn't exactly made me want to watch the movie right away but I think if it would show up on Fox Movies sometime I would like to watch it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher