December 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hi there! Happy new year! I haven't posted anything for a while. Things had been...pretty rough last month. I'm pretty much just got sick of December 2016 and happy to be done with it. And oh, I was in a reading slump as well. Thank God it only lasted for a couple of weeks. So yeah, new month, new chapter :)


December 2016 Book Haul
I bought so many books on December. Lots and lots of books.

1. Gramedia Big Sale (Bekasi)
    I didn't plan to go to this event before. But I got some free time and I was in the neighborhood so I drop by. Basically every book is either 5K or 10K. And... I purchased 31 books. I'm crazy, I know.
Gramedia Big Sale
Gramedia Big Sale (2)
2. IRF 2016
    Like I said on my November 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up, I was planning to go to IRF 2016. And I did it! It was fun. I was getting to know some of the BBI members, watching book swap and book war event, and also managed to unhaul 12 books and only acquiring 3 new books.
IRF 2016
3. Harbolnas
    On December 12, there's an event called Harbolnas or Hari Belanja Online Nasional. I've been keeping my eyes on this event since November because I know I'll go crazy on that day. And I did. I purchased 13 books on Gramedia.com and several more books on other online book stores. But hey, I'm very happy with it because they're super cheap.
Harbolnas Gramedia.com
4. Gramedia
    On my last post, I talked about a wishlist for Markituka 2016. It's like a secret santa thing but the gifts will be books! I've posted my wishlist and my 'target' has posted his/her wishlist. So, along with buying the book for my target, I'm also buying these 2 books for myself.
Gramedia

And this is the complete list of the books that I bought last December:

  1. Morgan Matson - Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
  2. Fajar Nugros - Adriana
  3. Karen Thompson Walker - The Age of Miracles
  4. Wang Gang - English
  5. Zaky Yamani - Bandar
  6. Disney Fairies: Peri Perompak
  7. Disney Big Adventures 1
  8. Disney Big Adventures 2
  9. Barbie in the Pink Shoes
  10. Syafrina Siregar - Dengan Hati
  11. Mariskova - Hair-Quake
  12. Christina Tirta - Dangerous Games
  13. Esti Kinasih - Jingga dalam Elegi
  14. Tria Barmawi - The Beautiful Geek
  15. Pricillia A.W. - Zero Class
  16. Okky Madasari - 86
  17. Okky Madasari - Bound
  18. Okky Madasari - The Years of the Voiceless
  19. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo
  20. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo: Online
  21. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo: Episode Cinta
  22. Bernard Batubara - Surat Untuk Ruth
  23. Luna Torashyngu - Angel's Heart
  24. Julia Stevanny - Ramalan Fudus Ororpus
  25. Merry Magdalena - Sepak Terjang 10 Wanita Muslim Terpopuler
  26. Seri Tokoh Dunia: Bunda Theresa
  27. Komik Biografi: JK Rowling
  28. Rosihan Anwar - Sejarah Kecil Indonesia, Jilid 1
  29. Rosihan Anwar - Sejarah Kecil Indonesia, Jilid 2
  30. Rosihan Anwar - Sejarah Kecil Indonesia, Jilid 4
  31. Rosihan Anwar - Sejarah Kecil Indonesia, Jilid 5
  32. Clara Ng - Jampi-Jamipi Varaiya
  33. Francis Chalifour - After
  34. Sarah Mlynowski - Me vs Me
  35. Dian K - 100 Cerita Rakyat Nusantara
  36. Walt Disney Classic Storybook
  37. Clara Ng & Renata Owen - Dru dan Kisah Lima Kerajaan
  38. Kisah Petualangan Putri Disney
  39. Marie Kondo - The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
  40. Triani Retno A - Ailurofil
  41. Seplia - Insecure
  42. Emma Grace - Sing Me Home
  43. Shienny MS - Ther Melian: Chronicle
  44. Shienny MS - Ther Melian: Revelation
  45. Inside Out
  46. Moana
  47. Prisca Primasari - Purple Eyes
  48. Enid Blyton - Semester Pertama di Mallory Towers
  49. Tere Liye - Tentang Kamu

December 2016 Wrap Up

Contrary to my outrageous book haul, I barely read anything this month. Like I said earlier, I was in a reading slump for a couple of weeks so I didn't read as much as I wanted to. Here are the books that I managed to read on December:

1. Ally Carter - I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
This is a re-read for me, because I've read this book several times in the past. At first I was scared that I won't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. My taste had changed for the past couple of years. Thankfully, that didn't happen for this book because I'm still loving it. I even noticed several things that will be a clue to the next book. It was fascinating to re-read a favorite book and fell in love with it all over again. 5 out of 5 stars.


2. Louisa May Alcott - Little Women & Good Wives
This book consists of 2 stories: Little Women and Good Wives. I got a pretty high expectation for Little Women because it's a very famous children's classic. I liked it, it was okay. I can see why people love it, but it's just not for me. So 3 out of 5 stars.

After I took some time off reading, I started to read Good Wives and I immediately fell in love with the story. I relate to the characters and the story in this book much better than the previous book. Which is weird, because they're the same characters and writer. But it happened. And that's why I gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars. So combined, I'll say it's a 4 stars book :)

3. Disney Fairies: Peri Perompak
This is one of the few Movie-to-Novel books that I bought this month. I don't know, for some reason I've been wanting to collect them. So I did. And it was okay. I gotta say that having illustrations to accompany the story won't hurt because it's pretty boring to read the writing alone. So 3 out of 5 stars for this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher