November 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

I can't believe that November is over. I barely read anything last month, and I still have some more books to be reviewed so I can swap them at IRF next week. I still hasn't decided on what day will I come or how will I get there. But I'll try my best to be there on time, not super late like I did last year :p


November 2016 Book Haul
Since I've bought so many books last month, it's only natural for me to buy very limited books this month. And I did. For November, at least.


These are all of the books that I bought on November:

  1. Melina Marchetta - Looking for Alibrandi
  2. Melina Marchetta - Saving Francesca
  3. Primadonna Angela & Syafrina Siregar - DJ & JD

I've read all 3 of these books years ago and loved them so much. Unfortunately they're not in a perfect condition but I'm okay with it... for now.

November 2016 Wrap Up
Like I said earlier, I didn't read a lot of books this month. I only finished 4 books and started 2 books. Gilmore Girls happened to me this month. And as much as I enjoyed watching them, I need to read books that I've bought for myself.

Without further ado, here are the books that I've managed to finish on November:

 
1. Naning Pranoto - Sekuntum Ruh dalam Merah
I disliked this book so much. I can't get used to the writing style, I disliked the story, and I got confused all the time about the point of view that was being used. It's just too much for my brain to handle. I skimmed so many pages of this book, I didn't care whether the characters are dead or sick or crazy or anything. I'm just glad that I'm done with this book. 1 out of 5 stars.

2. Emily St. John Mandel - Station Eleven
When I finished this book on early November, I had no clue whether I liked it or not. I enjoyed reading this book, I can see why people liked it. But there's just something that kept me from liking this book. After a few days, I finally realized that I don't like to read post-apocalyptic books. Especially with the details of how the apocalypse went because I got so scared and uncomfortable about it. And that's why I can't fully enjoy this book. I'm still going to give this book 4 stars for the story and the writing style but I just can't get over that haunting feeling of the unknown future.

 
3. Frances Hodgson Burnett - The Secret Garden
I've been wanting to collect the rest of the children's classics but I got 6 unread ones so I started to pick them up this month. I've read The Secret Garden before. And even though there are some things that I didn't pick up earlier, I found that this book still has that beautiful story and charm that I love so much. So 5 out of 5 stars for this book :)

4. Fredrik Backman - A Man Called Ove
I've been trying to read this book since July 3rd. It took me 4 months and 20 days to finish it. I didn't hate this book, I just felt no obligations or desire to finish it right away. I have to be honest and say that the middle part, as much as it was funny and heartwarming, is pretty boring. I liked the story about Sonja and Paraveh as well as her children's. I liked Ove's character and how he treated his cat. I just didn't have the urge to finish this book right away. So 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher