September 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hey there! It's been a while since my last post in this blog. I haven't been in the mood to read or write reviews the last 2 weeks. Thankfully my reading slump didn't last for too long, so now I'm back for reading and reviewing in this blog :D


September 2016 Book Haul
After 2 months of buying zero book, I'm finally allowing myself to buy new books. I got only 2 books on September, but there's more to come on October. So beware of my upcoming book splurge :D

I got Dongeng Petualangan and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens this month. I still haven't read either of them but I'm pretty sure I will someday :)

September 2016 Wrap Up
I read 6 paperbacks this month! I'm so pumped up to reduce the amount of unread books on my shelf that I barely touch any e-book this month. Here they are:

  1. Tj Oetoro & Dwiyana Permadi - Rembang Jingga
    I liked the premise of the story as well as the characters in this book. They're these strong women who faced different problems in their life. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the writing style and most importantly I hate the synopsis in the back cover because it revealed a very good twist at the end of the book. So 3.5 out of 5 stars for this book

  2. Ilana Tan - In a Blue Moon
    Because I'm in the mood for a light and cute contemporary, I decided to pick this book up. And it definitely meet my expectations! I liked the story. I'm okay with the characters. And I'm still thinking about this book even after I finished reading them. So 4 out of 5 stars :)

  3. Dongeng Karya Grimm Bersaudara
    Because I just got another 'Dongeng' books, I decided to read one of them so I didn't feel like hoarding them. So I pick this up and I liked it. Some of my favorite stories are Raja Berjanggut Burung, Kurcaci dan Pembuat Sepatu, Pemusik dari Bremen, and Tom di Ibu Jari. 4 out of 5 stars.

  4. Patrick Ness - More Than This
    It started out very slowly. I honestly thought I'll hate this book, being 400 pages and more. Thank God, things started to happen and I fell in love with the story afterward. This is my first Patrick Ness' book and I really enjoy his writing style. So 4.5 out of 5 stars for this book.

  5. Adhitya Mulya - Parent's Stories
    I bought this book because I liked the author's previous book, Sabtu Bersama Bapak. I found this book to be...informative. I am using the perspective of a child, not a future parent when I read this book so...it's informative. Not domineering or trying to tell me what to do, but simply laying all the fact that happened (or may happen) to a child when certain things are done or not. 4 out of 5 stars for this book.

  6. Rainbow Rowell - Landline
    I ended my month earlier by reading this book. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I can't relate to Georgie and her problems, I didn't understand most of the movie or TV shows reference, and etc. I just felt like I can't enjoy this book fully. So only 3 out of 5 stars for the first Rainbow Rowell's book that I've read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals