August 2016 Wrap Up

Another month pass by without me purchasing any new book. It's a good thing for my wallet, not so much for my sanity, hahaha. Maybe I'll buy a new book on September, maybe I won't. Let's just go straight to the books that I read this month, shall we?


August 2016 Wrap Up

I read a total of 5 books this month. Overall they're okay. I re-read books that used to be my favorite but not anymore. I read a continuation of a book that didn't live up to the previous book's cuteness. And I also read a book that went to a direction that I didn't predict at all. Here we go:

 

1. Cassandra Clare - City of Bones 
After procrastinating for a good amount of time, I finally pick this book up. I've been planning to finish this series not long after I finish Supernova series. For some reason, I keep hesitant to pick it up. Overall, I think this book is okay, a pretty interesting premise to start a series. 4 out of 5 stars.

2. Cassandra Clare - City of Ashes
In the second book of this series that I realize what's wrong with the book me. I'm no longer a teenager (or young adult) that got easily entertained by the jokes that this book had. Maybe the sarcastic part is something that I'm still okay with, but those characters are just nightmares for me. I can't relate to any of them even though I'm enjoying the story. So 3 our of 5 stars :(

 

3. Cassandra Clare - City of Glass
I remembered that I liked the third book more than the previous books in the series. I still am. But let's not forget about my issue in the previous series: young adult characters. So 4 out of 5 stars.

4. Emily Giffin - Something Blue
I really really enjoyed Something Borrowed, the first book in this companion dualogy (?). I liked the writing style and the cuteness of the previous book. I still liked Emily Giffin's writing style, but not Darcy as a character. I just can't stand being inside her head. Everything has to be dramatized all the time. I've got people around me doing that, so I definitely don't need a fictional character doing the exact same thing. So 2.5 out of 5 stars :(


5. Brahmanto Anindito - Rahasia Sunyi
Finally, a book that I pick on a whim. I'm not sure what to expect when I pick this book up. Turned out this is a mystery+horror+thriller book. I'm okay with the mystery and thriller aspect, but the horror part are just... horror. I'm such a chicken when it comes to horror books so I always prefer to read them on October or November so I don't get scared easily. My previous statement might be weird, but that's how I deal with my scared-of-horror-things side all this time. So yeah, 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher