[Series Review] Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (1)


This is part 1 of Vampire Academy's series review, that will consists of: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, and Shadow Kiss. Vampire Academy is a six book series and it has been completed for some time before I started reading them. It's a paranormal young adult series, so I should be okay with it.


#1 Vampire Academy
Start: 9 January 2016
Finish: 10 January 2016

First of all, I had to say that I didn't know how much I missed reading paranormal book until I read Vampire Academy. I instantly falling in love with a hint of mystery as well as the slow burning romance that this book offered. The characters are not flawless, but I can deal with Rose as well as Lissa. They're easy to relate to, and I really love the kind of friendship that they share.

I like the world building, and the story... is very promising. I can't wait to see what will happen in the next book, not to mention the progress of Rose and Dimitri's relation (ship?). Fingers cross for them, and 5 stars for this book :)


#2 Frostbite
Start: 12 January 2016
Finish: 13 January 2016

Frostbite started with a pretty shocking scene, at least for me. The story progressed into something that I'm excited as well as scared about. I think I enjoy how things happened in this book because it allowed many possibilities for the future.
You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.
As for characters, as frustrated as I was with the way things happened between Rose and Dimitri, I still had my hopes for them. And to add Adrian in the picture, I love this book even more than before. So definitely 5 out of 5 stars :D


#3 Shadow Kiss
Start: 14 January 2016
Finish: 16 January 2016

It started out very slow, nothing much happened in the beginning of the story. Then the story started to unfold to a very exciting moment. Then things started to go down, down to a very dark place. And the ending... it just broke me. I'm somewhere between crying and shocked when I finish this book. How could this happen? Why? I can't believe it. I DON'T want to believe it.
Life and death were so unpredictable. So close to each other. We existed moment to moment, never knowing who would be the next to leave this world.
I'm such a mess after reading this book that I can't processed right away what I feel about this book. I really liked how Richelle Mead play with my emotions, making me feel bored, then ecstatic, then depressed. All in one book. The story is awesome, I can't see how things are gonna get better in the future. So 5 stars for the book that played my emotions very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals