[Series Review] Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


This series consists of Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla and the Happily Ever After. It is a companion series where each book follow different main protagonist. To read this series, you don't have to read the previous book. But you'll get spoilers for the ending of the previous books if you do so.

Start: 23 December 2015
Finish: 31 December 2015

This is a very popular book in USA, at least from the amount of recommendation from the Booktuber that I frequently watched. For me, personally, this book is over hyped. Yes, I can see why they really enjoy this book. It was a cute contemporary book with so many things that teenagers can relate to. But I'm no longer a teenager by the time I read this book so it didn't work for me. I can't stand being in Anna's head and I didn't find St. Clair adorable, charming, and etc. The only thing that I love about this book is Stephanie Perkins writing. So 2.5 out of 5 stars :(


#2 Lola and the Boy Next Door
Start: 2 January 2016
Finish: 8 January 2016

After reading Anna, I wanted to go straight to Lola so I can finish the series right away. As it turned out, this book (or series?) just didn't work for me. I can't relate to Lola and her abundance of so-called-problems. I know I'm being super annoying here, but I just can't enjoy this series and it's a bit frustrating. The only positive thing that I found about this book is Stephanie's writing style (again), and how things worked out in the end. So 2.5 out of 5 stars for this book.


#3 Isla and the Happily Ever After
Start: 5 February 2016
Finish: 5 March 2016

After reading Anna and Lola, I know I have to keep my expectations super low for Isla. So I took my time to read this book, reading it only when I'm in a pretty good mood. Turned out, it wasn't so bad. I really enjoy Isla and Josh's story. I can relate to Isla and her insecurities and also empathize with Josh and his problems. I liked how their relationship and character grow as the story goes on. Now, this is the cute contemporary read that I hoped for. So 4 out of 5 stars :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals