July 2016 Wrap Up

Did you notice anything different from the title of this post? There's no Book Haul! It came as a shock for me that I didn't have purchase any book this month. But that's how it is.

So now, let's jump straight to the books that I read this month.

July 2016 Wrap Up

 

1. Helen Cresswell - A Treasury of Fairy Tales
It consists of some well-known fairy tales. I think it was okay. Not as many illustrations as the Usborne had but they're okay. 3 out of 5 stars.

2. Brian Garfield - The Paladin
I had this book on my shelf for quite some time. I thought the synopsis was pretty intriguing back then. Truth is, it was so hard for me to read because of the translation. It was ever harder to visualize because I'm not used to war books. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

 

3. Nilam Sari - Camar Biru
I pick this book on a whim and I immediately enjoy the story. The writing was good, I like them almost immediately except for the Adith part. But it's okay because Nina's part was very enjoyable and that's why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

4. Nina Ardianti & Moemoe Rizal - Fly to the Sky
I had my hopes a little bit too much for this book. However, I can't seem to enjoy the story. The characters are just ... unlikable for me. I can't seem to feel what they feel or simply rationalize their actions. So... 3 out of 5 stars.

 

5. Gabrielle Zevin - The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry
I've heard that this is a pretty good book. And they're right because I really enjoy it. The writing style, the story, even the ending. They're just so good and it makes me so happy to read a book about a bookstore with a lot of book references. So 4.5 out of 5 stars.

6. Anggun Prameswari - After Rain
I bought this a long time ago and I had a pretty good feeling about it. Turned out, I was wrong. The premise of the story is pretty annoying for me. the main character is not someone that I want to read about, and so on. Every time I turn a new page, I wish for the story to end soon. I just...can't read this book. 1 out of 5 stars.


7. Mariskova - To Tokyo to Love
After reading a 1 star book, I need to read something that I know I'd enjoy very much. So I pick this up with a little bit anticipation to not liking it. I mean, I read this last year when I'm pretty easy to pleased. Now my taste has somehow changed and that mean I need to re-evaluate my previous favorite books. Thankfully, I still enjoy this book very much. 5 out of 5 stars :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals