June 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

So... another month has passed and I am once again got behind on my Goodreads Reading Challenge. 6 books behind. It's annoying but I still had hopes for the rest of the year :)


June 2016 Book Haul
I remember saying that I won't buy more book this month other than Ika Natassa's new book. Well, I broke my own promise. Not a surprise.



I got Ika Natassa's new book, The Architecture of Love, along with some gimmicks earlier this month. Then I bought RePlay by Seplia and also Starlight by Dya Ragil sometime in June. I bought them because there's a 37% discount from Gramedia.com to celebrate Jakarta's birthday this year. Yay cheap books :D

June 2016 Wrap Up
Even though I broke my own promise about buying books, I'm actually being a pretty good girl by reading a decent amount of them this month. Here they are:

  
1. Dee Lestari - Intelegensi Embun Pagi
I finally finished the last book from the Supernova series. As much as I liked this book, it didn't blew me away as Partikel and Gelombang did. So I ended up giving this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

2. James Herriot - Kisah-kisah Kucing
A very enjoyable story about cats. I really liked it and maybe... just maybe... I'll buy it this week. 4 out of 5 stars.


 

3. Luna Torashyngu - First Girl
I read this on iJak because I wanted to buy the paperback copy but I'm not so sure about my taste on Luna Torashyngu's books anymore. Turned out I was right, my taste has changed. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

4. Mayya Adnan - My Fiancee is a Secret Agent
This is the book that I've got my eye on for a while. So I read it on iJak. It's okay, not amazing but not bad either. 3 out of 5 stars.

 

5. Asri Tahir - Not a Perfect Wedding
Another book that I've been wanted to read for a while. Another not-so-bad but not-so-amazing book. 3 out of 5 stars.

6. Dongeng Yunani
A week before my final exam, I got so stressed out that I need to read a book so badly. So I pick this up and it's okay. I liked some of the stories even though I hated the first one, the Troya War, so badly. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

 

7. Ika Natassa - The Architecture of Love
After the long and tiring process of my final exam, I desperately need something to cheer me up again. So I pick this book up. And it was the right thing to do! I enjoy this book a lot, even though it didn't make me cry or anything. It's just a very simple-yet-complicated love story. 4 out of 5 stars.

8. Dongeng Shakespeare
I tried to read these books every month because they're so easy and relaxing to read. This one... is not that relaxing for me. I was so confused and I ended up disliking most of the stories here. 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals