May 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hey June! It's been a while since I last saw you. May was a good month, but I had many hopes and plans for June and it's time for me to execute them.

This is a pretty long overdue book haul because I got most of this on May 1st. But whatever. I enjoy making this list, so here we go...

May 2016 Book Haul

If you happened to live in Jakarta and the surrounding area, you would've known the famous event Big Bad Wolf that happened at the end of April to early May. It's a very well-known event because they sell a lot of cheap imported books. And of course, I managed to buy a lot of books there.

After that event, there's a sale of Dongeng Sepanjang Masa at Gramedia bookstores. I can't help but buy more books. And then after that, there's a 30% off all books from Gramedia using BNI cards. At this time, I managed to only buy 1 book. So there's the reason why I got 17 23 books during May. They are:
  1. Patrick Ness - More Than This
  2. Patrick Ness - A Monster Calls
  3. Emily Giffin - Something Blue
  4. Marisha Pessl - Night Film
  5. Emily St. John Mandel - Station Eleven
  6. Emma Donoghue - Room
  7. Stephanie Kuehn - Charm & Strange
  8. Gabrielle Zevin - The Storied Life of AJ Fikry
  9. Rainbow Rowell - Landline
  10. Disney 365 Bedtime Stories
  11. C. S. Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia (7 books)
  12. Dongeng Shakespeare
  13. Dongeng Charles Dickens
  14. Dongeng Yunani
  15. Dongeng Grimm Bersaudara
  16. Dongeng Hans Christian Andersen
  17. Annisa Ihsani - A untuk Amanda
After buying so many books, I feel content. And afraid. And a little bit crazy. My goal for this month is, to only pre-order a book from Ika Natassa. That's it. After that, I'll stop buying more books and start reading what I already own.

May 2016 Wrap Up
Buying lots of books making me eager to read more books. So here they are:

Laksmi Pamuntjak - Aruna & Lidahnya
I don't really like this book. I just can't enjoy the writing style, the story, even the characters in it. I've tried but it's just not happening. So 2.5 out of 5 stars for me.
Celeste Ng - Everything I Never Told You
The first time I read it, I feel a lot of The Lovely Bones aura surrounds it. And it kept haunting me until the day I wrote this wrap up. I really really like this book. It has many moral values, family values (as dysfunctional as they are), and many more. Definitely 5 out of 5 stars for me.

Dongeng Charles Dickens
Out of curiosity, one night I decided to pick this book and see whether I spend my money on the right book. And I did! I really enjoy this book, the illustrations, and etc. The stories are great, my favorite is A Tale of Two Cities. Overall, 4.5 out of 5 stars.





Emily Giffin - Something Borrowed
Since I'm in a mood to read something light, I decided to pick this up. It's a funny, heartwarming, crazy at times, but seriously lovable book. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
Frank L. Baum - The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
I'm in need of a short book because I wanted to catch up with my reading goals for a bit. Overall a very nice read, not so memorable though. I gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Dee Lestari - Gelombang
Finally, the day has arrived that I decided to pick another book from the Supernova series. Honestly, I thought Partikel is the best book in this series. I was so wrong. Gelombang successfully earn the spot at the top of the list and I am so happy for it. Definitely 10 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals