[Review] Alice Sebold - The Lovely Bones

Title: The Lovely Bones (Goodreads)
Author: Alice Sebold
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Published: 2002
ISBN: 0316166685
Pages: 328
Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Format: ebook
Start: 22 September 2015
Finish: 23 November 2015


Synopsis:
On her way home from school on a snowy December day in 1973, 14-year-old Susie Salmon ("like the fish") is lured into a makeshift underground den in a cornfield and brutally raped and murdered, the latest victim of a serial killer - the man she knew as her neighbor, Mr. Harvey.


Review:
The synopsis intrigued me a few months ago. I was in the mood for a heart breaking story and somehow this book came to my attention.

For the most part, I am feeling so sad for what happened to Susie and what her family had to endure after her disappearance. She's so young, and she had to go through so many hard times.

I can't say much about this book because it took me a while to finish it, and even longer to write this review. What I do remember is how I liked the events that are happening towards the ending of this book. There are several things that happened and I think it's very... appropriate, considering the circumstances that are happening in this book.

So that's it, my super short review of this book. I can't remember much details of this book now, but I know that I enjoy it back then to give it 3.5 out of 5 stars :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals