March 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

March is a good month. Things started to get better and I'm on schedule with my reading goals for 2016 :D

Well at least most of them.

March 2016 Book Haul
Because I really liked Supernova: Kesatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh by Dee that I borrowed from a friend at my workplace, I decided to buy the whole set as soon as I can. There's only 5 books in the picture because I currently lending out the fourth book, Petir, to a friend of mine.


Other than Supernova, I also bought Pay It Forward by Emma Grace, Parent's Stories by Adhitya Mulya and U-Turn by Nadya Prayudhi.

March 2016 Wrap Up
On February, I got behind on my reading goals. So it's only natural for me to read as much as I can to catch up with it. Here are the books that I finished on March:

 

This is probably my second favorite book in junior high school after Harry Potter. I liked the story, the characters, and especially the value that this book taught me back when I was a teenager. A very good book, indeed :)

I didn't enjoy Anna and Lola earlier this year. However, I enjoyed Lola way more than those two. I feel so connected to the characters and I'm really happy with the way things worked out.

 

Finally I pick the continuation of the Supernova series by Dee. I wasn't as blown away by this book as the first book did to me, but I still enjoy the whole story.

I am about to go on a reading slump after reading Akar if I didn't get the next book asap. So I borrowed this book right away and finish it in 1 sitting.

 

I need to 'heal' my new obsession with Supernova series so I decided to pick this book on iJak and see what the hype was all about. I didn't love this book right after I finish it. But somehow the story, especially the character's emotions, still lingers with me even days after I finish this book.

This is a super hard book for me to read. Not only that it is about a war, it actually took place on my father's hometown that I visited almost 20 years ago.

 

I actually enjoy the story, but I can't handle being in the protagonist head for so long. She's very childish and it drives me insane.

I really like the first book that I read on iJak. Unfortunately the second book wasn't as good as the first one. The writing style just didn't work for me.

 

I was super curious with this book because I saw a review of someone who enjoyed this book very much. Overall I think he/she (I can't remember who) got a point and this is a very enjoyable read. 

I chose this book on a whim because I wanted something light. It isn't light. There are mystery and pain in this book. Overall, a pretty decent book.

 


I read this because I wanted to see why it is one of the most popular book on iJak. Turns out it was okay. I got emotional on some parts while others just fine.

It took me some time to finish this book. I enjoy the story and the writing style, but I'm still not sure whether I'll keep the book or give it away.

 

After Petir, I took another break from the Supernova series because I needed to calm myself. I really wanted to finish the series right away but I know I'll be in a terrible reading slump after that. So I hold myself and reading one book a week. 

One day I read a review of this book and I spontaneously pick this book from iJak. I really really enjoy this book so I ordered the paperback copy right away :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher