January 2016 Book Haul & Wrap Up

So January is over and it's February now. I'm a bit stressed out over things that are happening at work, but overall very grateful because I get to find peace from the books that I've read.

January 2016 Book Haul
I just bought so many books on December that I promised myself not to buy any more books if they're not something that I've read and liked before. And I did it! Well, for the most part. I bought some books from @fersbooks because I discovered Kana di Negeri Kiwi, a book that I enjoyed so much years ago yet I can't add to my collection because they're out of print. Since I bought a book, it's quite natural for me to buy more. So here they are:

I've read Kana di Negeri Kiwi and To Tokyo to Love before, had read half of 23 Episentrum on iJak, and that only left The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus to my TBR pile. So overall, my TBR pile is pretty good :)

January 2016 Wrap Up
In addition of being a good girl on buying less books, I also read more books and post several reviews that are long overdue. Here are the books that I read on January 2016:

 
I just can't get myself on liking this book. Compared to Anna, I actually don't like Lola even more. 2.5 stars :(

It was an okay book. I enjoy some parts of the book even though there are other parts that was annoying. 3 stars.

 
I decided to read Vampire Academy because it seemed like a good series. And it did! It was a bit confusing at first, learning about the vampire world. But it was so worth it and I'm so excited to see where things will go in the next books. 4.5 stars :)

So many things are happening in this book. So many unfortunate things. Yet I can't hate this book or even this series because it was so addicting. 5 stars :)

 
It took me a while to like this book because things are going so slow in the beginning. Then it started to get exciting. Then it broke my heart. 5 stars :)

I decided to pick this book because I wanted something that won't make me think or getting my heart broken. And I did keep my expectations super low because it was a while ago since I like a Teenlit book. Somehow this book surprised me and I like it! 4 stars :)

 
After reading 11 Jejak Cinta, I decided to read another book on iJak. I pick this book because I kinda liked the synopsis and I REALLY love the cover. 3.5 stars :)

I borrowed this book from my mentor in the office. I liked it but the translations was giving me a hard time. 3.5 stars :)

9. Richelle Mead - Blood Promise
After Shadow Kiss, I decided to read this series on slower pace. So I took the necessary break that I need and then pick this book up. The beginning was pretty interesting, until more unfortunate things happened. 4.5 stars for me :)

10. Misna Mika - Tiga Bianglala
It took me a while to finish this book. I did like how things turned up at the end. 3.5 stars :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher