[Review] Marie Lu - Champion

Title: Champion (Goodreads)
Series: Legend #3
Author: Marie Lu
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: November 2013
ISBN13: 9780399256776
Pages: 369
Rating: 5/5 stars
Format: ebook
Start: 6 June 2015
Finish: 9 June 2015

This review will contain spoilers from the previous books.

Review:

I can't believe I just started writing this review today, at August 29th 2015, more than 2 months after I finished reading this book. I wrote it here so I can tell how many days or hours (hopefully) needed for me to finish this very long overdue review. So here it is:

I LOVE this book. And that's a very good thing because I'm okay with Legend and I don't like Prodigy so liking this book is essential. I'll hate this series for the rest of my life if I didn't get a good closure from this story.

There's a familiar war of emotions in his expression that leaves me with a sick feeling - emotions that I know are desire, for what we once had, and anguish, for desiring a girl who destroyed his family.

After what happened at the end of Prodigy, I kinda wondering what will happen to June and Day's relationship. It progressed to the way that I expected but I enjoy it alright because I already made peace with their relationship in Prodigy. What really made me happy was the way both of their characters evolved. Now I can finally connect with both of them, feeling what they felt, and just got all brokenhearted and sad when things got worse for them.

There's a coping mechanism I've started using recently where I pretend to retreat back into the shell of my heart and crawl out of my body, like I'm not really here and am instead observing the world from another person's perspective.

One of the things that made me happy about this book was Eden. He was being mentioned so many times in the previous books but he's never there physically. Finally I can picture him, hearing his voice and started to see things in his perspective. It felt so good. Should there be any novellas or companion from this book series, I would love Eden's POV in that book.

It's just you and me now. This is the way it was always meant to be, this is the moment I've been waiting for since it all began. We'll face each other at the very end with our bare hands.

So that's it. Problems are solved, new characters are being introduced, politics got more complicated, old enemies returned, the usual. The one thing that made me absolutely sure to give this book 5 stars is the ending. It's hopeful. Not necessarily a happy ending but it's hopeful and that just fit in with the whole atmosphere of the book. A very good ending and closure for me. So 5 stars for the book and 4 stars for the whole trilogy :)

Tell me there is still good in the world. Tell me there is still hope for all of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals